Student residence permit
You can get a student residence permit if you are in Turkey under the purpose of enrolling in primary or secondary education. If you already have a family residence permit you will not need this one.
You will be eligible to apply for this residence also if you are planning to study at the levels of associate degree, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, doctorate, specialty training in medicine (TUS), and specialty training in dentistry (DUS) in a higher education institution in Turkey.
Long-term residence permit
If you have resided in Turkey for at least eight years uninterruptedly, under a residence permit issued by the Turkish authorities, then you can lodge an application for Turkish long-term permit which has an indefinite validity.
Note that if you have resided in Turkey for the specified period as a refugee, conditional refugee and secondary protection status holders, humanitarian residence permit holders and temporary protection you are not eligible to apply.
Humanitarian residence permit
You can apply for this residence permit if you are in Turkey without a valid visa or residence permit, but no deportation decision has been taken against you, you are waiting for your deportation, or you cannot return to your country of residence due to emergency reasons.
Residence Permit Validity
The validity of a Residence Permit in Turkey depends on the type of permit that you hold, as follows:
- Short-term residence permits can be issued for a maximum of two years at a time.
- Long-term residence permits are issued with indefinite validity.
- The validity of a Student Residence Permit depends on the length of studies. If your education period is less than one year, the residence permit period cannot exceed the education period.
- The family residence permit may be issued for a period not exceeding three years at a time.
- The permit for humanitarian residence is granted and extended for a maximum period of one year.
- The residence permit for the victims of human trafficking is issued for a period of thirty days.